Tuesday, April 8, 2014

WE. In Honor of Tristan

April 10th.  

If you would have asked me last August what that date meant to me, I would have said it was the day that my second child is due.  The day that Elex would become a big brother.  Now, it’s just a reminder of my empty arms, and my aching heart.

As I lay in my husbands arms sobbing for my son, he reply's to my wails of how I miss my baby with a simple but jabbing answer. We all do.  Not, I know you do.  Not, I do too.  WE. A word in the English Language that is defined by a speaker that refers to himself or herself and one or more people considered together.  WE.  In other words, you are not alone.  You and I are not alone. WE. 

I then start remembering all the people that have known Tristan.  The many dear friends that were there that night at the hospital as we held Tristan in our arms, and shared our precious time with him.  The ones that held us in our greatest sorrow.  I remember the many people that have offered so many gestures of love through flowers, food, monetary gifts, and simple words of sorrow.  The many mothers I have shared my story, my anger, my anguish with that are just like me.

I am reminded that Tristan’s body is not present on this Earth, but he is HERE. 

He lives among us in our hearts.
In each gesture of love.
In each word of hope.
He lives.

April 10th, the day Tristan was suppose to enter this world.  April 10th, the day my heart hangs between sorrow and joy.  I praise God for choosing me to be Tristan’s mother, for letting me be a part of his short, but amazing life.   I truly believe Tristan was sent here to reach people that are lost, to help others find a deeper more significant relationship with our Father.  I believe that Tristan’s life although brief has and will continue to reach out long after his precious body has been laid into the ground. 

In Honor of Tristan’s Expected Arrival Date, and what would have been two months of his life.   Honor him, and let us know we are not alone in remembering him by doing a small act of kindness between the dates April 10th-April 14th.  Please comment, Facebook, email, or text me your act of kindness so I can place them in his journal that we write to him in.  I will also share the acts of kindness completed in his honor on my blog later next week.

I will forever and always, love you my Angel Fish.


No comments:

Post a Comment