Tuesday, February 25, 2014

It's okay to say his name.

It is okay to say his name.

A very dear friend made a point that he was not sure he could come and see Tristan when he was born.  He just did not know if he could handle trying to celebrate his life, when death was at the door.  People wonder, and have asked, how do you celebrate this life when he will die.  The only way I can answer this, is with this statement: He lived.  He was a life.  No matter what the media, what the government, what society wants us to believe or may say--Roderick Tristan Thompson LIVED!

He never made it out alive from my womb.
He never took a breath of air.
He never cried.
He never opened his eyes.

But HE LIVED!

He had a heart beat.
He could move, punch, and kick.
He could hear my voice.
He could respond to pressure put on him.
He had a soul.
My son LIVED!

His time here on Earth was short.  I never got to take him home.  But no matter what, HE LIVED!

Now Tristan is gone, and his soul has left this place he will continue to live in my heart.  He will continue to live in Rod's heart. He will continue to live in Elex's heart.  His body may not be present, but his love will always surround us.  He is sitting on God's lap, listening to stories of time beginning.  He will be sung to sleep by angels, and will never shed a tear.  My son WILL live.

Tristan has a purpose on this Earth.  A purpose that God knew could not happen if he stayed here with us.  A purpose that everyone that surrounds Tristan and loves him is charged with carrying out.  I know what may plans are now that my son is gone.  I know through my pain, I have to find the beauty.  I know that I will have to take my pain, and share it.  Bring light to something common yet never spoken about.  I have to reach out to others, make this cause known to the world.  Losing an infant is so common, and so many hide in their pain.  They allow it to eat them up in fear of the misunderstanding that surrounds us.

So do not be afraid to say his name, you are not reminding me of my son, I have not forgotten him.
By saying his name, you are letting me know you remember HE LIVED!

I love you my sweet Tristan, you will forever be my angel fish.


No comments:

Post a Comment