Monday, December 16, 2013

Welcome to our Story

I thought instead of continuing to overwhelm people on Facebook with my novels, I would start a blog to keep everyone updated on what is going on with Tristan.  To give everyone a quick update as to where we are right now...

I am 23 weeks pregnant and we are cherishing everyday with our little man.  We have begin to attempt to explain things to Elex the best we can by telling him that his little brother will be going to live with Jesus in the sky.  He has been very adamant that I am wrong and tells me, "No, he with me."  It breaks my heart to think he will not get to play with his little brother.

We continue to pray for a miracle, but are preparing for Jesus to take him home.  We are hanging in there the best we can.  Emotionally I am all over the place, and have my ups and downs.  Things will randomly set me off and I will begin to cry, and other days I have an overwhelming peace and fill full of faith.

Our goal at this point is to enjoy each day with Tristan, and cherish the moments we do have with him.  The doctors do not expect him to last to term, so each day, I wait for his movement, and pray he is still with us.  So far he and I are both continue to grow, and he is getting stronger.  Some days he moves so much I am positive he is trying to be a ninja, and other days I barely get a flutter.  We go weekly to check for a heartbeat, because I am to early for movement to be a true indicator.  I could go a day or two without movement at this stage and it be normal (although he has moved for me every single day).

We have volunteered to help get a perinatal hospice going in Abilene.  We will be the first patients, and will be helping the doctor get things going.  I am not sure what all this implies, but Rod and I thought this would be something good come from a hurtful situation.  This would allow others in our position to have support, and guidance in their journey to carrying to term (CTT), with an child that has a incompatible to life diagnosis.

We go to the doctor on Wednesday for a sonogram, so check back for updates.  I will post on Facebook when I have updated on the blog.  Please continue to pray for our family, and for a miracle.  We hold on to the Lord, and know that his will, his plan is greater than our own.  We will praise him, because he chose us, to carry Roderick Tristan, our Angel Fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment